Have you ever considered a career in psychiatry?
Would you like the opportunity to interact with leading psychiatrists and mental health experts to enhance your training and learning?
The RANZCP and the Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA) are offering up to four scholarships to attend the RANZCP Congress in Perth from 28 May -1 June 2023, our largest annual scientific conference, available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander junior medical practitioners or medical students who are interested in a career in psychiatry.
The theme of the 2023 RANZCP Congress is ‘New horizons connected futures’ providing a platform for global, regional and local collaboration and networking as well as the opportunity to meet, interact and hear presentations from mental health experts, international and local psychiatrists and trainees.
These scholarships reflect RANZCP and AIDA’s shared objective to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates successfully completing psychiatry training, and entering practice in any of the fields of psychiatry.
What you get
Each scholarship comprises:
- Full registration to the RANZCP five-day Congress scientific program from 28 May–1 June 2023 as well as a ticket to the Welcome Reception.
- Full financial support to cover all your expenses for air or road travel as well as your accommodation to attend Congress.
- An opportunity to meet the RANZCP President, President-Elect, CEO and members of the RANZCP Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health Committee.
- Access to a dedicated parallel PIF Congress program, including the PIF social event.
- Current AIDA member
- Current Psychiatry Interest Forum (PIF) member (or have an eligible application underway). With over 4,500 members, the RANZCP’s PIF program offers scholarships, resources and opportunities to its members to learn about psychiatry as a career.
How do I apply?
Please complete the application form by 11am AEDT Tuesday 28 February 2023