What are the scholarships?
Multiple scholarships are available for AIDA student members to undertake placements in the Northern Territory. students can apply for $3300 to cover the cost of:
- a clinical training placement to develop skills in an area of medicine for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum 8 weeks duration in an NT public hospital to; or
- a remote NT clinical training placement of a minimum 6 weeks duration; or
- cultural immersion placement in the NT (as approved by AIDA) of up to a week’s duration.
The scholarships are valued at $3,300 and will contribute to the cost of:
- travel, accommodation, and/or other expenses in undertaking the placement.
What will the successful applicant/s be required to do?
The recipient/s will be required to:
- organise their own clinical training placement. This could include a current or already planned placement, provided it is the Northern Territory. (Further information on organising clinical placements in the NT can be found by clicking here or by emailing email@example.com.); or obtain appropriate approvals from their workplace and/or training institution prior to travel arrangements being made
- provide a written confirmation of the proposed placement from the relevant practice or institution
- give consent to their contact details being passed to NT PHN and AIDA to help in the planning of support and pre-placement contact
- report on and acquit all scholarship funds
- write a 500-word article, based on their experience, for possible use in AIDA publications upon completion of their placement.
Who can apply?
The scholarships are for AIDA student members for clinical training placements enrolled in the penultimate or final year of their medical degree.
Applicants must be a current or pending student member of AIDA
Scholarships are available only for the purposes of providing financial assistance to undertake an appropriate clinical or cultural immersion placement and to assist with costs of travel and accommodation.
For queries e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 30 NOVEMBER 2022
AIDA will assess each application and select the successful applicant/s. AIDA may request more information and/or a telephone interview in support of the application if necessary.
Queries: please email email@example.com
These scholarships have been made possible by funding from the Northern Territory PHN.