We are looking for experienced Senior Policy Officers (x 2) with high-level research, analytical and writing skills to join our small and supportive team. Experience working in a secretariat capacity for committees or working groups will be highly regarded.
If you think you have what it takes to contribute to our important work, please apply now!
Your application must include your resume and a cover letter addressing each of the essential criteria listed below.
We offer excellent benefits to our employees, including salary packaging as well as professional development opportunities.
These positions are available on a full-time basis. It is envisaged the roles will be ongoing (from 1 July 2023) dependent on funding. Some work outside regular business hours may be necessary to undertake the duties of this role.
- Sound understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated research, analysis and policy development skills.
- Sound understanding of current issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, in particular those related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and/or health workforce, or a demonstrated ability to transfer policy skills and rapidly acquire new knowledge.
- Sound oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across a range of settings and stakeholders including with government, non-government agencies, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and/or medical bodies.
- Proven experience delivering outputs in an environment of competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Tertiary qualifications in health, policy or related disciplines; or
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in a policy setting; or
- Lived experience studying in the post-graduate medical training continuum.
As one of these positions is an identified position, we are seeking Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and from: s 27 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT)
For all enquiries, contact Juleigh, our Executive Manager Policy on (02) 7209 1677.
Applications close Friday 4 November 2022.
To apply: please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.