If you are interested in attending one of our Cultural Safety workshops in 2024, please fill out this expression of interest form. We are currently finalising dates and locations for next year and will be in touch shortly.
What we know is ‘cultural safety’ is everywhere. What we also know is it comes in all shapes and sizes.
What AIDA offers is unique with our program aimed at ‘The Clinical Application of Cultural Safety’ developed by Indigenous Doctors and delivered by Indigenous Doctors.
This compelling training helps participants to extend their knowledge about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture, explore how attitudes and values can influence perceptions, assumptions and behaviours in a clinical setting, and discuss specific ways to be more culturally aware. This speaks to AIDA’s purpose which is to drive equitable and just health outcomes for all our peoples in a healthcare system free of racism.
The workshop includes interactive and experimental teaching, as well as preparatory and follow up activities. The workshop is accredited for continuing professional development (CPD) (or equivalent with several specialist medical colleges).
- Improve engagement and health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients
- Developing a greater understanding of Indigenous health perspectives and by undertaking a process of understanding your own perceptions, you will commence a process of critical self-reflection and are able to immediately embed and apply learnings in clinical practice.
The program includes:
- Interactive and experimental teaching, as well as preparatory and follow up activities, with training sessions designed for 10 – 25 participants.
- ATSIHiCP is accredited for continuing professional development (CPD) or equivalent with a number of specialist medical colleges.
- The program includes access to our online Cultural Awareness course, pre learning activity and pre reading material in preparation for the workshop.
Sydney Masonic Centre
66 Goulburn Street,
Sydney NSW 2000
Our workshops hold limited spaces, and many of our workshops sell out. For this reason, we request that if you need to cancel, please do so at least 48 hours before your scheduled workshop. This allows us to offer your spot to another participant. You may contact us at email@example.com to cancel.
Please note, we do not offer refunds. However, if you provide at least 48 hours notice of your need to cancel, we will credit your payment toward a future cultural safety workshop. However, if you do not cancel with at least 48 hours notice, you will lose any payment made. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis if there are legitimate, extenuating circumstances.
If the workshop is cancelled by AIDA a full refund will be provided.