We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Officer, to be based in Adelaide, with strong project management and stakeholder management skills. Some travel is required for this role to undertake consultations in other areas of Australia. Experience in community sector, social services, health services or with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities will be highly regarded.
This is a part-time non-ongoing role (0.7 FTE) available until 19 June 2023. This role primarily supports a specific project, funded by the South Australian (SA) Government to explore continuity of care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander babies and children aged 0-4 and their parents’ journey through the SA health system.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Sound understanding of current issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, particularly those related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and/or health workforce.
- Sound understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Sound analytical and synthesis skills and the demonstrated ability to apply these effectively to project development and implementation, including stakeholder consultations and interviews.
- Demonstrated high level problem solving, planning and time management skills.
- Proven experience delivering project outputs in an environment of competing demands.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across a range of settings and stakeholders including with government, non-government agencies, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and/or medical bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification in social sciences, health or related disciplines; or
- Lived experience of the continuity of care of mothers and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander babies or children 0-4 years old.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
For all enquiries, contact Executive Manager Policy, Ms Juleigh Langenberg, on (02) 6273 5513 or email@example.com
Applications close 5:00 pm Monday 8 August 2022, and will be assessed on a rolling basis as received.