Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association
The Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA) is the national body representing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander doctors and medical students, focused on equitable health and life outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We do this by working towards reaching population parity of Indigenous medical students and doctors; and supporting a culturally safe healthcare system.
- Accounting Support:
- Processing Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable
- Processing Accounts Payable
- Processing Accounts Receivable
- Check and follow up on payments to outstanding creditors/ debtors
- Preparing and processing Travel Allowance
- Issuing invoices/credit notes
- Ordering online purchase
- Bank Account/ Credit card reconciliation – Daily
- Travel statement reconciliation – Monthly
- Other reconciliations as requested by Accounting Manager
- Accounting Data Entry
- Payroll Assistance
- End-of-Month Assistance
- Accounts inbox monitoring
- Other duties as required
- Degree in Accounting or similar qualification.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software (XERO/MYOB/QuickBooks).
- You must be legally able to work in Australia.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and your responses to the following criteria:
Demonstrate a sound understanding of current and historical issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples. Communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
Demonstrated skills and experience in the use of accounting systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn further finance programs and systems as required.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing work priorities to deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes and with minimal supervision.
Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with a wide variety of stakeholders with good humour, sound judgement, tact, discretion, and confidentiality.
Ability to use initiative and problem-solving to achieve results in accordance with practices and policies. High-level of attention to detail.