Important message for our candidates –
Whilst Canberra is our preferred location, if you are the ‘right’ candidate, we are willing to negotiate where you work.
The Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA) is the peak body supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander doctors and students, We engage in policymaking and advocacy to increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander presence in the health and health workforce sector in Australia. We work to continually inform and support a culturally safe health care system as we strive toward our ultimate goal to reach population parity of Indigenous doctors in the medical profession.
We are currently looking for a Coordinator – Cultural Safety.The Coordinator – Cultural Safety is responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of AIDA’s cultural safety program including online learning and face to face workshops.
If you think you have what it takes to contribute to our important work please apply now!
Your application must include your resume and a cover letter addressing each of the essential criteria listed below.
We offer excellent benefits to our employees, including salary packaging as well as professional development opportunities.
This position is available on a full-time basis. It is envisaged this role will be ongoing dependent on funding. Some work outside regular business hours may be necessary to undertake the duties of this role.
- Demonstrated awareness of the importance of cultural safety, preferably within the context of the health or education systems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing work priorities in order to deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes and with minimal supervision
- High level of communication capabilities across a wide range of stakeholders, including:
- Workshop facilitators and participants – evidenced by smooth operation of events including evaluation and collection of feedback
- Colleges, universities, and corporate organisations – evidenced by development and delivery of marketing information (including online) and efficient sales processes
- Ability to use initiative and problem solving to achieve results in accordance with practices and policies
- Competency in Microsoft Office, online eLearning systems, online booking systems and other software used to deliver programs, or an ability to learn systems quickly and effectively
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and team performance goals
- Experience in the development of training programs, including online and face to face or hybrid models
Salary $85 – $90K + super + tax benefits
This is an identified position and we are seeking Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and from: s 27 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT)
For all enquiries, contact ourExecutive Manager Corporate Services, email@example.com or (02) 6273 5013
Applications close Friday 16 September 2022