We are looking for an experienced Project Officer (Workforce – Eye Health), to be based in Canberra (or a remote WFH location), with strong administration and communication skills. Some travel is required for this role. Experience and understanding of the medical pathway and medical continuum, or a demonstrated ability to learn, is essential for this role.
This is a fulltime non ongoing available until 31 December 2022, noting there is scope for extension depending on funding. This role is responsible for leading a project to increase the size of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander medical workforce in eye health.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders
- A high-level understanding and awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, their cultures, health and other issues affecting them
- An understanding of the medical continuum
- Proficient in MS Office suite and an awareness of the principles of data governance
- A contextual understanding and values alignment to AIDA’s business purpose and core values
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and as a member of a team
Qualifications in health-related fields, including health administration, are highly regarded but not essential.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
For enquiries, contact Executive Manager Membership & Programs, Mr Tony Varnes on (02) 6273 5013 or email@example.com
To download the Position Description, visit – https://aida.org.au/about/careers/
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 29 July 2022 and will be assessed on a rolling basis as received.